Contentment, not joy
I think I can now safely say my recovery is going well. Like any good teacher, I’m going to give myself a bit of a report card on my mental health.
- Taking my antidepressants every day.
- Going to therapy bi-weekly or weekly as needed.
- Working out more.
- Eating less sugar and fewer grains, (both of which make my anxiety worse.)
- Spending more time with friends and family.
- Giving myself more downtime.
- Meditating a few times a week.
- I feel stronger each day. I feel anxious less often.
- I feel more confident.
- I’m sleeping better.
- I’m laughing more.
- I’m not fully joyful yet but I feel contented. I think I’m on my way to joy.