Petit Pois à la Francais
Tired of the same old veggie side dishes? Petit pois à la Francais is a classic and I love pairing it with chicken, pork or beef.
2 cups frozen peas
3 green onions
1-2 heads of lettuce (any variety will do; I used Romain)
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP olive oil
1 cup chicken stock
- Heat a large pot on medium. Add the olive oil and butter.
- Chop green onions and lettuce in thin strips.
- Add the onions to the pot and saute for one minute.
- Add the lettuce and wait patiently for it to wilt.
- At the peas and the stock and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot and enjoy!