Refreshing Watermelon Mint Iced Tea
It is getting hot out there! Time for one of my favourite summer drinks! Last summer I picked up some watermelon mint loose-leaf tea from David’s Tea. I decided to use it for iced tea and it was so delicious I wanted to share my recipe with you.
1 heaping TBSP loose-leaf watermelon mint tea (you can swap in regular mint tea if you prefer.)
4-5 fresh mint leaves
Approximate 1/2 cup watermelon pieces
A teapot (I use a Ceylon iced tea container but any large container or teapot will do.)
A strainer or bag for the tea
2 TBSP honey (or more, to taste.)
Approximately 6-8 cups boiling water (depending on how large your teapot is.)
- Set up your kettle to boil the water.
- Put the tea into the strainer or pouch and then into your teapot/container.
- Add the mint and the watermelon to the teapot/container as well.
- Pour in the boiled water and allow to steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea, mint leaves and watermelon and stir in the honey.
- Allow to cool and then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Half fill a glass with ice, pour in the iced tea and garnish with a mint leaf.
If you make this once, you will be making it again all summer long. Stay cool out there!