July is a month of Fridays; August is a month of Sundays. One of my colleagues summed up his summer this way. It made perfect sense to me. In July the summer is full of possibilities and ideas; everything is about to happen. August is about finishing tasks, trying to maximize the potential of each day and then transitioning back to school and work.
I don’t want to go all melancholy, so here are some of the great things I did this summer:
- I survived another year of teaching summer school.
- Nick and I held a huge summer wedding reception party for all our family and friends. Many people told me they really enjoyed themselves and Nick and I had a wonderful time.
- I reorganized all the closets and drawers in my house…all of them. I actually know where everything is.
- Nick and I went on our honeymoon to beautiful Victoria, BC. It was such a beautiful time for he and I to connect and relax.
- We remodelled our back patio. Our background is much more welcoming now.
- I mastered my new BBQ and made many delicious meals. From burgers to cedar-planked salmon, we tried it all.
- I got an ice cream attachment for my kitchenaid mixer and have been making classics, (French vanilla, mint chocolate chip,) as well as some new favourites, (root beer, wild berry cream).
- I spent a lot of time cuddling and playing with my cats. It’s a simple pleasure but something that allows me to bond with my furry fellows.
- I laughed a lot with my friends and family. This one is really important to my health so I’m glad I made time for it.
Happy last day of summer!