The best egg dish you haven’t tried yet
One word: frittata. OK, two more words: easy and delicious. I’m going to give you my basic recipe with some variation options.
You will need:
An oven-proof skillet
Salt and pepper
Some kind of greens – arugula or spinach.
Some vegetables – mushrooms, peppers (hot or sweet), onions, tomato, zucchini, broccoli, chives, pre-cooked sweet potato or potato.
Meat, meat, meat – leftover chicken, pork or beef in pretty much any form, flaked tuna, salmon or crab, bacon, prosciutto (fancy bacon), sausage, more bacon…
Some kind of cheese – feta, chevre, cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan.
Mix and match these ingredients to your heart’s content.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Heat the oil in the pan to medium high.
- Beat eggs in a bowl until well-blended.
- Stir-fry veggies for about a minute, until tender-crisp.
- Add greens and wilt for about a minute.
- Add meat and then beaten eggs.
- Dot with cheese. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook without stirring until eggs are mostly set. There will still be a bit of jiggle in the centre.
- Pop the pan under the broiler. Keep a close eye on it and pull it out when the top begins to brown and the cheese is bubbling.
This makes four servings. Serve it with salad or soup. Enjoy!