The Best Snack You Haven’t Tried
Nick and I have been snacking away on homemade apple chips for the past few weeks and it is safe to say this is going to be a new staple of ours. I got the recipe from Joyful Healthy Eats. I highly recommend this snack. It’s a bit time-consuming to make but so worth it for a healthy treat!
I got it as a stocking stuffer this year and it works really well.
- Preheat oven to 200º.
- Core 3-4 small apples of any types using an apple corer and thinly slice(use the apples you like best and don’t worry if they are a bit bruised).
- Place apples on baking sheet with parchment paper underneath for easy cleanup. Try not to overlap them if you want crunchy apple chips.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon of sugar with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle the top of the apples with the cinnamon sugar mixture, (keep in mind you do not have to use all of it; I only dusted one side).
- Bake for 1 hour. Flip apples over. Bake for an additional hour.
- Remove from the oven. If you put them in a container right away, they will stay soft and chewy. If you let them cool completely on the pan, they will go crunchy like potato chips.